Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 10:21 PM by andrewjs18.)
Hi all,

We're back for another year of participation in Movember to help raise awareness and money for men's health issues!  Since we started doing this in 2015, we've raised over $2,700!!!

With the idea of getting the forum involved, I reached out to all of the merchants on the forum to see if they'd donate some shaving supplies that will be broken up into several different lots and offered up to whoever agrees to donate the most money for each given lot.  We're going to do 4 lots for Movember, plus one for the best mustache, with each new lot starting on a Sunday, in a new thread.  So far we've had several merchants agree to donate shaving supplies to help raise money.

In addition to doing the lots like we always do, we've decided to change it up some this year and team up with Shawn from Chatillon Lux to produce a barbershop aftershave that'll be available for purchase in mid-November. A portion of each aftershave sold will be donated directly to our DFS Movember team page.

Here's a list of merchants that have agreed to donate products to the forum (I'll add to it as more respond to me):

andrewjs18 of Damn Fine Shave
whollykaw of WhollyKaw
ezlovan of Stirling Soaps
MrFine  of Fine Accoutrements
CaD314 of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements
Viking of Viking Soap
jankdc of The Gentle Shave
Mystic Water of Mystic Water
@"Sapone Di Paolo" of Sapone Di Paolo
dominicr of Black Tie Razor Company
Ryan @ Tallow + Steel of Tallow & Steel
Colonial Razors of Colonial Razors
ShadowsDad of Krampert's Finest
hawns of Chatillon Lux
Barrister_N_Mann  of Barrister & Mann
Scritchnscrub of Desmond's Barrows
Stone Cottage Shaving of Stone Cottage Shaving
wetshavingproducts of Wet Shaving Products
GroomingDept of Grooming Dept
Doug@Timeless of Timeless Razor

I'll post photos of each box of items that a merchant sends to me, to help keep everyone interested.

**Please note: I'm unable to ship any aftershaves and/or splashes with alcohol in it outside of the United States.  If you agree to donate the most money for a lot that lot has an alcohol based aftershave or splash in it and you live outside of the United States, I will have to pull that item from the lot before sending it out.**

I have set up a team page with a fundraising goal of $2,000.  if you'd like to donate on your own without getting involved in trying to offer up a top donation for a shaving supply lot, you're free to do so on the team page.  100% of the money raised will get donated directly to the Movember Foundation.  When a donation is made to the team page over on the Movember website for a shaving supply lot, I'll provide a copy of the receipt (sensitive data obscured) so everything is kept open & honest.

At the end of the Movember fundraiser, we're going to have a best mustache contest where the winner will win several prizes.  If you'd like to be entered into the best mustache contest, please post a photo of your mustache while holding up a written note with the date before November 1st and then another photo at the end of the contest so we can compare the two!

Thanks,

DFS Team

KungOscar, Dinder1, Aurelian28 and 7 others like this post
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2017, 09:08 AM by andrewjs18.)
I got our first donation from Viking today!  In the package was a ragnar tallow soap and aftershave!

thanks!

[Image: 7iriKR8.jpg]

Matsilainen, GroomingDept, mdwolfie86 and 7 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
ezlovan from Stirling Soap is donating a custom scented soap and aftershave of the winner's choosing!

thanks!

TONE Shaves, MsBlackwolf, TheHunter and 4 others like this post

Super Moderator
San Diego, Cal., USA
This is an excellent start to Movember. Happy2

TONE Shaves, andrewjs18 and GroomingDept like this post
Excellent! I’ll be buying some GroomingDept for sure, and most likely doing some bidding. Nice to see you guys doing this and giving everyone a chance to give back.

Matsilainen, TONE Shaves, GroomingDept and 3 others like this post
Awesome, this is my first time to participate and will surely contribute and hope to win something too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matsilainen, Freddy, GroomingDept and 1 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
updated my earlier post with a photo of the products from Viking!

mr. smith, Freddy, Matsilainen and 1 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I got an aluminum slant razor is from MrFine this afternoon!

[Image: DNIARKK.jpg]

[Image: 1niFzru.jpg]

thanks!

MsBlackwolf, GroomingDept, mr. smith and 5 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
added Ryan @ Tallow + Steel and Colonial Razors to our list of wonderful merchants who are donating items!

Matsilainen, TONE Shaves, Freddy and 3 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
added ShadowsDad to the list!

MsBlackwolf, TONE Shaves, Matsilainen and 1 others like this post