Super Moderator
San Diego, Cal., USA
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM by Freddy.)
Peter (Scritchnscrub), I wish you well wherever life takes you.  I consider myself fortunate to have three of your soaps, including the amazing Lemon Lavender.  Yours are one of only two soap brands that gave me that WOW factor Heart the first time I used them and they continue to be the standard by which I judge all others.  Thank you for a fantastic shaving experience.

Scritchnscrub, GroomingDept, GloryUprising and 2 others like this post
(06-21-2017, 02:39 PM)Scritchnscrub Wrote: Hi Watson,

Thanks for your post and so sorry for the delayed reply - when I first saw your question I was in the midst of reevaluating Desmond's Barrow and didn't have an answer.

The short answer is I'm not sure when the Lemon Lavender will be restocked - only that I do plan to make another batch sometime later this summer.

The longer answer is that I have decided at least for the time being to stop selling my soaps online. The store is currently open for browsing but the shopping cart has been disabled.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to run Desmond's Barrow properly as a viable business. Soapmaking was always a passion and hobby and I eventually decided to sell it in a more organized way because of the requests I was receiving for it.

But I've now decided that until I'm able to dedicate more time and resources to develop the product line and grow the business, that it's better to simplify my life and return to soapmaking as a hobby. I would certainly be pleased to continue to sell the soap on a casual basis when available. I'm still reachable through the store contact form, so if you want to drop me a line I would be happy to give you longer term contact information. Of course, I can always be reached via the forums.

To the fine, fine, people of Damn Fine Shave and my other incredible fellow enthusiasts, I can't express the pleasure you've given me because you've enjoyed my soaps and for being so supportive. I will continue to improve my craft with your feedback in mind. I will always be an artisanal soapmaker at heart!

Gratefully,

Peter/Scritchnscrub

I wish you all the success in life. I know I'll be contacting you in the future for more soap!

GroomingDept, Scritchnscrub, Matsilainen and 1 others like this post
-Spencer

Canada
(06-21-2017, 04:55 PM)Freddy Wrote: Peter (Scritchnscrub), I wish you well wherever life takes you.  I consider myself fortunate to have three of your soaps, including the amazing Lemon Lavender.  Yours are one of only two soap brands that gave me that WOW factor Heart the first time I used them and they continue to be the standard by which I judge all others.  Thank you for a fantastic shaving experience.
Peter

Canada
Fred & Spencer -

Thank you both so much - your support in particular has really been hugely appreciated!!

P

Matsilainen and GloryUprising like this post
Peter
Peter,
Thank you for all your work to make and sell Desmond's Barrow soap. I got your soap back in the Scritchnscrub days, and was glad to see it in wider distribution. I wish you all the best in your future plans, and I too will check in occasionally to see if you have any soap available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddy likes this post

Super Moderator
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 10:12 PM by HoosierShave.)
Peter,

That's unfortunate to hear but i certainly wish you the best. And here's to a "soap" well done!

[Image: xdrMcHb.jpg]

Blade4vor, Freddy and Matsilainen like this post
I want to thank you for the soaps that you've made. some of my favorites!

Freddy likes this post
Thank you for the thoughtful response, Peter! I can absolutely understand the level of effort required for something like this. I've heard nothing but positive things about you and your soaps, so I plan to drop you a line later this summer to see if anything is available. Until then, I hope you can get in some well-deserved rest and relaxation.

Freddy and Matsilainen like this post

Vintage Razor Fan
Southwestern NY
Peter(Scritchnscrub), I was another shaver who, like Freddy, was "WOW'd" by your soaps.  I find the Desmond's Barrow shaving soaps to be absolutely top notch!  I feel very fortunate to have the soaps that I do.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful shaving soaps with us!  Good luck and I hope to "see" you around!

Watson, Freddy and Matsilainen like this post
-Rob