Gents,

I recently was told about this company based out of Pittsburgh, PA by a pal, and I sure am glad that he gave me the heads up!

The packaging, ink color, and performance are top notch!

Vr

Matt
[Image: 4T17CRH.jpg][Image: yABd3Zm.jpg][Image: T6rwu3Q.jpg][Image: pEZnYTA.jpg][Image: IA6GWr6.jpg][Image: hOxwhtG.jpg][Image: CxQIYck.jpg][Image: noSViOt.jpg][Image: CoHJP5o.jpg]

WildShaver, Lipripper660 and Vpetrishky like this post

Des Moines, IA
Beautiful color.  It prompted me to order a bottle.  Looking forward to getting out a fountain pen.

Thanks for the post...I think.

Ols67 and Lipripper660 like this post

Super Moderator
San Diego, Cal., USA
I have used this company in the past and agree with you. Good products. Happy2

Lipripper660 likes this post
(12-28-2020, 01:14 AM)MaxP Wrote: Beautiful color.  It prompted me to order a bottle.  Looking forward to getting out a fountain pen.

Thanks for the post...I think.

There you go Max!  Two for two like it!

I have been using it all day, and love it...obviously...the pen helps!

Vr

Matt

Lipripper660 likes this post

Des Moines, IA
[Image: CAID9L7.jpg]

Freddy and Marko like this post
[Image: odngHwJ.jpg]

Marko and Freddy like this post
Gents,

I like the Cold Steel so much that I ordered the Ice Rink and the Petroleum. They really are wonderful inks with rich and interesting hues.

The Ice Rink Blue reminds me of the Akkerman Shocking Blue, except it is not skippy/temperamental. The Ice Rink is now my favorite blue.

Vr

Matt

Freddy likes this post

Geezer
New Brunswick, Canada
Ols67 - The "Birmingham" and "pens" rang a bell. I see they have Nemosine nibs, which made me curious.

From a fountainpennetwork post:
Quote:Got an email that Nemosine is winding things down and Josh is going to transition over to helping his brother build the birmingham pen company's brand, and they want to focus on selling pens and inks made in the USA.
There's a big piece of the puzzle.

I had gotten a Nemosine Fission in Gunmetal, with a 0.6 mm stub nib, shortly before they shut it down. A nice substantial brass barrel and cap. I love it, but I wish I had gotten a few different nibs for variety.
So, thanks for that post, Matt.

[Image: 112492.jpg?ba=middle%2Ccenter&balph=3&bl...5bd910f6de]

Ols67 and Freddy like this post
We could be Heroes, just for one day.
- David Bowie -
(01-23-2021, 05:07 AM)John Rose Wrote: Ols67 - The "Birmingham" and "pens" rang a bell. I see they have Nemosine nibs, which made me curious.

From a fountainpennetwork post:
Quote:Got an email that Nemosine is winding things down and Josh is going to transition over to helping his brother build the birmingham pen company's brand, and they want to focus on selling pens and inks made in the USA.
There's a big piece of the puzzle.

I had gotten a Nemosine Fission in Gunmetal, with a 0.6 mm stub nib, shortly before they shut it down. A nice substantial brass barrel and cap. I love it, but I wish I had gotten a few different nibs for variety.
So, thanks for that post, Matt.

[Image: 112492.jpg?ba=middle%2Ccenter&balph=3&bl...5bd910f6de]

Beautiful pen!

Vr

Matt
[Image: CD7KxDn.jpg][Image: 6jGi3ed.jpg][Image: fHlnc7y.jpg][Image: lRxN4yZ.jpg][Image: LcCSjuL.jpg][Image: CtZFqGJ.jpg][Image: jzUod17.jpg][Image: imlwdoK.jpg]Gents,

The Birmingham Pen Company’s inks have become my absolute favorite inks on the market today.

They have a new line where as the ink dries, the sheen evolves!  

REALLY...nobody today is doing what these guys are doing from presentation to performance, I am blown away!  

I bought my fourth 120ml bottle from them, and this ink is one from the new lineup called Herrs Island Ultramarine.  It is luscious...sumptuous...and as it flows onto the page it looks like the picture on an Ultra High Definition tv!

You can literally watch the ink dry, and see it evolve from a deeply rich navy blue to a color that has that deep navy blue, but with coppery fluorescent pink overtones. 

I am so impressed I wanted to update my post.

Vr

Matt

Freddy, Padtor.james, Rebus Knebus and 1 others like this post