Nashville, TN
(09-29-2021, 01:47 AM)keto Wrote: I learned of your scent oils to use with unscented soap, this is very interesting. I'm curious how much it might take per tub?
    Wake this thread up, maybe.

Keith,  Thanks so much!!  Here is a basic description.  If I'm understanding your question correctly, it's covered in the third bullet below.

The basic idea:  Purchase our un-scented shaving soap.  Fragrances are sold separately in dropper vials.  Fragrance is added to your shaving bowl or on your loaded brush.  You can use the same process to add fragrance to balm or for making your own splash.

Benefits: 
• Choose fragrance based on mood without needing a bunch of separate tubs.
• No more purchasing a tub or set, only to find that you really don’t like the scent.
• Savings:  Fragrance samples are $3.50, larger vials are $6.00 as opposed to the cost of a tub or set.  (Note: the $6 vials have enough fragrance for 55 highly scented shaves. An $18 vial is good for 275 highly scented shaves.  Sample vials are good for about 15-20 shaves) Vials are 1/30th oz, 1/6th oz and 1 oz. respectively.
• Improved fragrance quality: Getting the fragrance straight from the tap as opposed to fragrance that has been in a tub for some amount of time.
• Easy matching:  This makes it easy to have matching soap, balm and splash.
• Traveling is a breeze.  Take a small container of soap and some scents vials and you have variety without having to bring multiple tubs of soap.
• Pay the big bucks for a tub of soap whose scent you don’t like?  Maybe you can fix it.

Here's what IAMCDB has to say, starting at about 3:00 minutes

mrdoug, FloridaCreekIndian and keto like this post
(09-29-2021, 03:42 AM)Pete123 Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 01:47 AM)keto Wrote: I learned of your scent oils to use with unscented soap, this is very interesting. I'm curious how much it might take per tub?
    Wake this thread up, maybe.

Keith,  Thanks so much!!  Here is a basic description.  If I'm understanding your question correctly, it's covered in the third bullet below.

The basic idea:  Purchase our un-scented shaving soap.  Fragrances are sold separately in dropper vials.  Fragrance is added to your shaving bowl or on your loaded brush.  You can use the same process to add fragrance to balm or for making your own splash.

Benefits: 
• Choose fragrance based on mood without needing a bunch of separate tubs.
• No more purchasing a tub or set, only to find that you really don’t like the scent.
• Savings:  Fragrance samples are $3.50, larger vials are $6.00 as opposed to the cost of a tub or set.  (Note: the $6 vials have enough fragrance for 55 highly scented shaves. An $18 vial is good for 275 highly scented shaves.  Sample vials are good for about 15-20 shaves) Vials are 1/30th oz, 1/6th oz and 1 oz. respectively.
• Improved fragrance quality: Getting the fragrance straight from the tap as opposed to fragrance that has been in a tub for some amount of time.
• Easy matching:  This makes it easy to have matching soap, balm and splash.
• Traveling is a breeze.  Take a small container of soap and some scents vials and you have variety without having to bring multiple tubs of soap.
• Pay the big bucks for a tub of soap whose scent you don’t like?  Maybe you can fix it.

Here's what IAMCDB has to say, starting at about 3:00 minutes

Yes Pete that #3 answers my question.
   Actually IAMCDB is where I learned about this and commented, probably the same video.
   What a great idea, I think. I hope more people learn of this and it catches on. 
    I didn't think about or realize a person could used this in a their balm, makes sense.

mrdoug likes this post
            Keith

Super Moderator
The scent oils work great and the soap base produces a really great lather...

[Image: 3z9gS1r.jpg]

keto, Mpescado, muelex and 1 others like this post

Nashville, TN
We've made some big changes since this thread was started several years ago:
  • We formulate and make all soap, balm, etc... in house. 
  • A lot of R&D goes into our formulations - I spend a lot of time studying fatty acid profiles and studies and on the various ingredients.
  • We have a very active environmental program focused on green house gas reduction.  Most likely, our shave soap is the greenest on the market.
  • We have the new scent your own option, though also sell pre-scented products.
  • We have a growing offering of in-house developed scents.

mrdoug, muelex and keto like this post
Pete
I've got some of the scents ordered, and I'm looking forward to them. Caught another IMCDB  video this morning where he used the scents.
https://youtu.be/eQBVCc-zIhc

mrdoug likes this post
            Keith
I used Badass in my soap and balm yesterday…. Great shave

Pete123 likes this post