NYC | Singapore
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 12:54 AM by stesa.)
The question that I had on my mind was - how would Eau de Treget compare to Parfums MDCI's Chypre Palatin, or B&M's Le Grand Chypre?

The short answer is, not at all. Eau de Treget does not follow along the path of the aforementioned "bold" Chypres. When I say "bold", I mean the oakmoss note, characteristic of chypre structures, is immediately noticeable in Chypre Palatin and Le Grand Chypre. In Eau de Treget, however, the oakmoss note does not grab you, but sits in the background with vetiver, playing a supporting role.

The opening of Eau de Treget is my favorite one from Chatillon Lux yet: sparkling citrus, grapefruit, and peach are prominent. The middle is mainly dominated by peach and cedar, with a touch of rose. Vetiver and oakmoss start making themselves felt, just a tinge. As the fragrance progress into the drydown, the oakmoss becomes more prominent, but never heavy, with fruity notes acting as a counterpoint. This is the stage when the fragrance is most Chypre-like.

To me, this is a unisex offering from the house of Chatillon Lux - a different, well-behaved, and elegant addition to the Chypre genre where the line of love / hate is drawn using oakmoss.

Freddy and hawns like this post
- Shi Yuan
Looks like every last bit of Vid Poche is gone, gone, gone!

hawns likes this post

South Saint Louis, MO
(08-06-2018, 11:52 PM)stesa Wrote: The question that I had on my mind was - how would Eau de Treget compare to Parfums MDCI's Chypre Palatin, or B&M's Le Grand Chypre?

The short answer is, not at all. Eau de Treget does not follow along the path of the aforementioned "bold" Chypres. When I say "bold", I mean the oakmoss note, characteristic of chypre structures, is immediately noticeable in Chypre Palatin and Le Grand Chypre. In Eau de Treget, however, the oakmoss note does not grab you, but sits in the background with vetiver, playing a supporting role.

The opening of Eau de Treget is my favorite one from Chatillon Lux yet: sparkling citrus, grapefruit, and peach are prominent. The middle is mainly dominated by peach and cedar, with a touch of rose. Vetiver and oakmoss start making themselves felt, just a tinge. As the fragrance progress into the drydown, the oakmoss becomes more prominent, but never heavy, with fruity notes acting as a counterpoint. This is the stage when the fragrance is most Chypre-like.

To me, this is a unisex offering from the house of Chatillon Lux - a different, well-behaved, and elegant addition to the Chypre genre where the line of love / hate is drawn using oakmoss.

Awesome! I could not have said it better myself and think this pretty much nails it Smile

Freddy likes this post