(This post was last modified: 07-29-2023, 05:35 PM by olschoolsteel.)
So, while my Sheep Fat Shave Soap is the crown jewel of my soap line, we do offer other soaps you can add on to your order. These are all Low cost high performing body and shampoo bars. What sets these soaps above and apart from other soapers on the market? Well I can guarantee the fat used in these soaps were rendered by me, came from non-confinement-open pasture, grass fed beef and hogs. As anyone who eats meat knows there is a very definable difference between grass fed beef and pork, and so it is the same with the fat. Many studies have shown that the meat ans fat of pasture raised animals have notable higher quality nutrients than the feedlot, concentration camp cows and hogs. (I'm sure someone will want to see those studies, but I will allow google to do that work for you) We at Daveli's believe this high quality fad from non-grain fed pasture raised animals translates to a much richer and effective body soap and it puts to good use a by product of the butcher process that the butcher would throw away anyway. Our body bars and shampoo bars are made with the same ideals that the Sheep Fat Shave Soap was designed around. So I thought I would post up some pictures of the additional soaps we sell that you wouldn't otherwise see unless you went to our facebook business page.

No pretty swirls
No fancy packaging
Simple scent offerings. It smells just like it says.
Scent profiles do not need a Hermann Melville-esq essay to describe the scents.
Minimal ingredients required for maximum performance.
All ingredients are pronounceable and understandable.
Anything and everything that would add to the cost of the soap is scrutinized to keep it affordable for daily use. After all, it's just soap, with one purpose in mind.

FaceBook page: (click on the tiny url hotlink to go to the online store)

https://tinyurl.com/584dfj9j

[Image: fv1XoS3.jpg]
[Image: trIp4wz.jpg]
[Image: eZvuUGt.jpg]
[Image: FTCyzXb.jpg]
[Image: ufToO9Y.jpg]
[Image: DPmpN5g.jpg]

Vpetrishky, mrdoug and jesseix like this post
I really enjoyed the body soap, will be picking up more of that in the near future

olschoolsteel and dtownvino like this post
I'm glad you enjoy Jesse. We have a few more scent offerings that when you ordered from us. Here is a new offering I haven't loaded to FB just yet, Honeysuckle Shampoo bar. Here is what my modest soap display looks like in my store. For phone in orders, I might have a few on hand that I didn't get posted as they sold pretty fast. So this display may show something that's not on the FB site. The Vanilla in the Cranberry/Pomegranate/Vanilla is changing colors as it ages. We use zero colorants in our soaps. And we do have a small following of customer that enjoy my "homesteader" soap. It's the plain white unscented pork tallow based soap to the far right on the display. As I have said before, as long as we are butchering cows, hogs, and sheep, I will continue to offer soaps. It's a shame to waste the fat.
[Image: Hzz1Lpp.jpg]
[Image: Re97f7U.jpg]

jesseix likes this post

Chester County, PA
Anyway to buy easily if someone doesn’t have Facebook?

AlphaFrank75, olschoolsteel and mrdoug like this post
(07-29-2023, 05:30 PM)olschoolsteel Wrote: So, while my Sheep Fat Shave Soap is the crown jewel of my soap line, we do offer other soaps you can add on to your order. These are all Low cost high performing body and shampoo bars. What sets these soaps above and apart from other soapers on the market? Well I can guarantee the fat used in these soaps were rendered by me, came from non-confinement-open pasture, grass fed beef and hogs. As anyone who eats meat knows there is a very definable difference between grass fed beef and pork, and so it is the same with the fat. Many studies have shown that the meat ans fat of pasture raised animals have notable higher quality nutrients than the feedlot, concentration camp cows and hogs. (I'm sure someone will want to see those studies, but I will allow google to do that work for you) We at Daveli's believe this high quality fad from non-grain fed pasture raised animals translates to a much richer and effective body soap and it puts to good use a by product of the butcher process that the butcher would throw away anyway. Our body bars and shampoo bars are made with the same ideals that the Sheep Fat Shave Soap was designed around. So I thought I would post up some pictures of the additional soaps we sell that you wouldn't otherwise see unless you went to our facebook business page.

No pretty swirls
No fancy packaging
Anything and everything that would add to the cost of the soap is scrutinized to keep it affordable for daily use. After all, it's just soap, with one purpose in mind.

If we don't do Facebook, is there another way to buy your soaps?

olschoolsteel likes this post
(08-02-2023, 12:04 PM)dtownvino Wrote: Anyway to buy easily if someone doesn’t have Facebook?

(08-03-2023, 06:08 PM)AlphaFrank75 Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 05:30 PM)olschoolsteel Wrote: So, while my Sheep Fat Shave Soap is the crown jewel of my soap line, we do offer other soaps you can add on to your order. These are all Low cost high performing body and shampoo bars. What sets these soaps above and apart from other soapers on the market? Well I can guarantee the fat used in these soaps were rendered by me, came from non-confinement-open pasture, grass fed beef and hogs. As anyone who eats meat knows there is a very definable difference between grass fed beef and pork, and so it is the same with the fat. Many studies have shown that the meat ans fat of pasture raised animals have notable higher quality nutrients than the feedlot, concentration camp cows and hogs. (I'm sure someone will want to see those studies, but I will allow google to do that work for you) We at Daveli's believe this high quality fad from non-grain fed pasture raised animals translates to a much richer and effective body soap and it puts to good use a by product of the butcher process that the butcher would throw away anyway. Our body bars and shampoo bars are made with the same ideals that the Sheep Fat Shave Soap was designed around. So I thought I would post up some pictures of the additional soaps we sell that you wouldn't otherwise see unless you went to our facebook business page.

No pretty swirls
No fancy packaging

If we don't do Facebook, is there another way to buy your soaps?

Not to step on Dave’s toes and I’m sure he’ll correct me if needed, but when I purchased we just handled my order by email and paid by PayPal (similar to how Frank did with Ethos for a while). PayPal defaulted to a G&S payment because they have a merchant account, so you have that layer of protection if it was a concern… I do have FB but I didn’t want them to be taking a cut of whatever the total payment might be.

olschoolsteel, Rebus Knebus, jags009 and 1 others like this post
Hi all,
Sorry I didn't check back sooner. jesseix is correct on all points above. Using FB calculates the exact shipping to your zip code and my FB business acc does not force you to have aFB acc just to order. But I do have the other off-grid methods for purchase. There are 2 reasons why I use a FB acc so sell my Sheep Fat Shave soap. 1 It's free, 2 I have a small business and I need to advertise, and it's free, OK 3 reasons. 3 DFS requires merchants to have a web based method to order soaps. FB meets all of these criteria for me. Below are copy and pasted from my master thread for other option to customers who have an interest in mail soaps if you are unable to stop by the store and save shipping costs.
FB acc

Our shop is currently open from 1200-1600 Mon-Sat CST.
Shop number is 1-618-357-MEAT (6328)
Business email is davelifarms@gmail.com

Price of Shave Soap is $8.00 per puck.
Shipping is $5.99 for the first item. Add $2.99 for any additional item.
OCONUS orders, I will handle on a case by case basis. I will calculate exact postal before sale is complete. (read, I have to get the postal rate)

jags009 likes this post