Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
Hi all,

I felt that it would be a great thing to get the forum involved with the Movember Foundation to help raise awareness for various men's health issues.

With the idea of getting the forum involved, I reached out to all of the vendors and artisans on the forum to see if they'd donate some shaving supplies that will be broken up into several different lots and offered up to whoever agrees to donate the most money for each given lot.  We're going to do 4 lots in November, with each new one starting on a Sunday, in a new thread.  So far we've had several vendors & artisans agree to donate shaving supplies to help raise money.

Here's a list of vendors & artisans that have agreed to donate products to the forum (I'll add to it as more respond to me):
ShadowsDad of Krampert's Finest
razorock of RazoRock
SoapSmooth of Soap Smooth
@thehandlebar of The HandleBar Supply
wetshavingproducts of Wet Shaving Products
Barrister_N_Mann of Barrister & Mann
whollykaw of WhollyKaw
CaD314 of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements
jankdc of The Gentle Shave
Trinity Shaving of Trinity Shaving
hawns of Chatillon Lux
DapperDragon of Dapper Dragon
ezlovan of Stirling Soap
TheShaveMercantile of The Shave Mercantile
55dougie of Doug Korn's Workshop
ShannonsSoaps of Shannon's Soaps
soapbuddy of Ginger's Garden
Dailyshave Razors of Dailyshave Razors
@'Sapone Di Paolo' of Sapone Di Paolo
TryABlade of Try A Blade
DeLuxeShaving of Deluxe Shaving

I'll post photos of each box of items that a vendor & artisan sends to me, to help keep everyone interested.

**Please note: I'm unable to ship any aftershaves and/or splashes with alcohol in it outside of the United States.  If you agree to donate the most money for a lot that lot has an alcohol based aftershave or splash in it and you live outside of the United States, I will have to pull that item from the lot before sending it out.**

I have set up a team page with a fundraising goal of $500.  if you'd like to donate on your own without getting involved in trying to offer up a top donation for a shaving supply lot, you're free to do so on the team page.  100% of the money raised will get donated to the Movember Foundation.  When a donation is made to the team page over on the Movember website for a shaving supply lot, I'll provide a copy of the receipt (sensitive data obscured) so everything is kept open & honest.

At the end of the Movember fundraiser, we're going to have a best mustache contest where the winner will win several prizes.

Thanks,

DFS Team

gijames, primotenore, kwsher and 3 others like this post
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I got my first box of shaving goodies from Brian (ShadowsDad) at Krampert's Finest today.  In the box was a jar of his bay rum shaving soap & aftershave (smells amazing),  his frostbite shaving soap & aftershave as well as two metal flasks that are engraved for the bay rum and frostbite aftershaves.  

thanks again, Brian.  now here's a photo!

[Image: NkXA58G.jpg]

hawns, kwsher, gijames and 2 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I got a package from Steve (SoapSmooth) at Soap Smooth today.  In the box was a jar of frozen cranberry shaving soap, a bottle of frozen cranberry aftershave balm, a jar of fall harvest shaving soap, a jar of exfoliating scrub for females & a puck of tallow shave soap.

thanks again, Steve!

[Image: D2kPNAL.jpg]

gijames, primotenore, hawns and 2 others like this post

Austin, TX
Great effort and happy to support as this unfolds- I began doing a no-shave November in support of my Mom as she battled cancer and now continue in remembrance of both she and my Mother in Law.

Great work and happy to see all the Artisan support!

gijames, andrewjs18 and primotenore like this post
Kevin

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
(09-28-2015, 04:31 PM)kwsher Wrote: Great effort and happy to support as this unfolds- I began doing a no-shave November in support of my Mom as she battled cancer and now continue in remembrance of both she and my Mother in Law.

Great work and happy to see all the Artisan support!

kudos for showing support for Movember. My dad has colon cancer, as far as I know.

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I had a several packages come in yesterday & today from a few vendors.

first up are some soaps I received from Joe (razorock) at RazoRock.  Both soaps have lighter scents and are in the same consistency of most razorock soaps you'll find on the market.   I like both scents.

[Image: tFO0tUl.jpg]

next up are soaps & aftershaves from Lee (wetshavingproducts) at Wet Shaving Products.  The marakesh soap smells great! I did not open up the aftershaves to smell them.

[Image: TYFKbLm.jpg]

finally are 4 brushes from Michael (jankdc) at The Gentle Shave. I believe they are 2 boar and 2 badger brushes, with one being a silvertip badger in a beautiful ceramic handle.

[Image: 6b2lz9o.jpg]

[Image: VN4fRZY.jpg]

thanks again to Joe, Lee & Michael for donating products for the Movember fundraiser!

TheShaveSupply, hawns, primotenore and 3 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I got another package today from Shawn (hawns) of Chatillon Lux today. In the box were 2 different shaving post-shave salves & 2 post-shave toners. the scents were definitely unique and enjoyable.

[Image: 5kpW2Xb.jpg]

thanks, Shawn!

CRAusmus, kwsher, hawns and 1 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
hi all, I had two more packages arrive today from artisans.

first up is an absolutely beautiful brush from Doug (55dougie) at Doug Korn's Workshop. The brush is his custom D2 handle with a TGN 2-band finest knot.

Here's a few photos:

[Image: Te6V9Jt.jpg]

[Image: Ucl8D8p.jpg]

next up is a soap & aftershave from Irena (soapbuddy) at Ginger's Garden. The scent of the soap is nice and subtle. I did not open up the aftershave to give it a sniff.

[Image: lNd5cTB.jpg]

thanks again for the donations, Doug & Irena!

soapbuddy, hawns, gijames and 3 others like this post

Administrator
Philadelphia, PA
I had a package come in today from Douglas (CaD314) of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements.

In the box is a tin of soap, aftershave, mustache & wax remover and mustache & wax conditioner. The soap smells great!

[Image: 5RgxIfh.jpg]

Thanks, Douglas!

gijames, kwsher, CRAusmus and 2 others like this post

Super Moderator
San Diego, Cal., USA
The generosity of our vendors and artisans is just amazing. Thank you to all. Smile

CRAusmus, kwsher and andrewjs18 like this post